This time Jim Misiura brings us an interesting recipe for tying a great looking mayfly nymph using UV resin – his Beadhead UV Resin Mayfly Nymph. Definitely a pattern to try out. Thanks Jim for sharing.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Beadhead UV Resin Mayfly Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: curved shank hooks #12 – #16, Jim used Maruto Curved Long Shank Fly Hooks c41 in size #12
- Bead: 3mm silver bead
- Weight: .020 lead free wire
- Tail: wood duck flank
- Abdomen: .5 mm stretch cord
- Wingcase: 1/4″ nymph skin
- Thorax: chestnut colored rabbit blend dubbing, we recommend Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing
- Legs: wood duck flank
- Resin: Deer Creek Diamond Fine
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Beadhead UV Resin Mayfly Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.