One more of Jim’s great fly tying video tutorials, this time it is his Yellow Ostrich Herl Streamer. Don’t miss – easy to follow steps and a great fly as a result.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Yellow Ostrich Herl Streamer, you need the following:
- Hook: Octopus hooks sizes #1/0 to #4, Jim used Maruto Beak Fly Hooks with UV Coating in size #4.
- Thread: Mono
- Under Body: White Streamer Fiber, Chartreuse Krystal Flash
- Over Body: Yellow Ostrich Herl
- Laterial Lines: Pearl Tinsel
- Eyes: 3D 4mm Halographic
- Resin: Deer Creek Diamond Hard
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your ostrich herl streamer flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.