One more of Jim’s great fly tying video tutorials, this time it is his Yellow Ostrich Herl Streamer. Don’t miss – easy-to-follow steps and a great fly as a result.
- Hook: Octopus hooks sizes #1/0 to #4, Jim used Maruto Beak Fly Hooks with UV Coating in size #4.
- Thread: Mono, try Veevus Monofil Thread in Clear
- Under Body: White Streamer Fiber, Chartreuse Krystal Flash
- Over Body: Yellow Ostrich Herl or Ostrich Feathers in Banana Yellow
- Laterial Lines: Pearl Tinsel
- Eyes: 3D 4mm Halographic
- Resin: Deer Creek Diamond Hard, try Troutline Classic Thin Resin
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your ostrich herl streamer flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.