Here, we have one more great recipe for a mayfly nymph pattern using UV resin, Jim’s UV Cure Mayfly Nymph. Like usual, Jim delivers an easy-to-follow fly tying video tutorial for creating a very interesting design for a popular fly pattern. Try it out!
- Hook: scud hooks sizes #12 – #18, Jim used Maruto c46 Shrimp & Caddis Fly Hooks in size #14
- Bead: 2mm, silver color, try our Tunsgten Beads 2mm in Silver
- Resin: Diamond Fine, try Troutline Classic Thin Resin
- Thread: 8/0 Thread in Brown
- Tail: Wood Duck Flank, try Mallard Feathers in Natural
- Rib: Pearl Krystal Flash, try Hemingway’s Holo Tinsel in Pearl White
- Body: 8/0 Thread in Brown
- Wingcase: Scud Skin
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing in Dark Gray
- Legs: Wood Duck Flank. try Mallard Feathers in Natural
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your UV Cure Mayfly Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.