Virtual Nymph Skin
Virtual Nymph Skin is a world-known, innovative material for tying segmented bodies on nymphs, larvas and other bugs. Used by some of the world’s most famous fly tyers, it is perfect for creating realistic-looking caddis pupa and stonefly nymph patterns. It is also great material for creating wing cases and other applications. These are latex-type strips that stretch, but don’t get sticky. The material is extra resistant, doesn’t get affected by UV rays and it won’t degrade over time, it will keep the same elasticity and suppleness.
Strips come in a range of colors (to easily match the hatch) and two different widths: 3 mm and 4.6 mm.
Each package contains approximately 1.5 meters of skin (about 5 feet).
- Use either Caddis Gray or Dark Tan for authentic looking caseless caddis larva (Hydro or caddis pupa)
- To imitate the Chironomus annularis (midge Larva), use the Midge Red color.
- For big stoneflies and caddis, use Translucent in 4.6 mm
- Black in 4.6 mm width is great for big sized black stonefly nymph pattern
- Sally Yellow in 4.6 mm width is perfect for making yellow sally stonefly nymph pattern
The skin can also be colored by permanent markers and made even more realistic looking.
Virtual Nymph Skin is super-easy to use, tie the most realistic nymph bodies in 3 simple steps (tying instructions are printed on the back of each package):