This time Jim Misiura brings us an interesting recipe for tying a great looking mayfly nymph using UV resin – his Beadhead UV Resin Mayfly Nymph. Definitely, a pattern to try out. Thanks, Jim for sharing.
- Hook: curved shank hooks #12 – #16, Jim used Maruto Curved Long Shank Fly Hooks c41 in size #12
- Bead: 3mm silver bead, try our Tungsten Beads 3mm in Silver
- Weight: .020 lead free wire
- Tail: wood duck flank, try Mallard Feathers in Natural
- Abdomen: .5 mm stretch cord, try our Stretch Round Rib in Cream
- Wingcase: 1/4″ nymph skin, try Virtual Nymph Skin, 3mm in Translucent
- Thorax: chestnut colored rabbit blend dubbing, we recommend Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing in Tan
- Legs: wood duck flank, try Mallard Feathers in Natural
- Resin: Deer Creek Diamond Fine, try Troutline Classic Thin Resin
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Mayfly Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.