Troutline Classic Thin Fly Tying UV Resin Tack-Free 14ml
Troutline Classic Thin Fly Tying UV Resin is a super-fast UV-curing resin that provides crystal clear, glass-like coating without any residual tack. It cures within seconds when exposed to UV light. Its thin, low viscosity consistency makes it a great head cement replacement, very easy to work with and perfect for even very small applications. When cured, it becomes a hard, clear coating.
Perfect for heads, backs and bodies, for Spanish Perdigon nymphs, buzzers, clear body nymphs, as coating back for nymphs, scuds, shrimps, etc.
It comes in a UV protected bottle with a dropper for super-precise application. Also includes a small brush applicator.
14ml bottle (1/2 oz)
How to Use
- As the resin is UV-light sensitive, it should be applied only indoors, or shaded from the sun.
- When your fly is ready to be coated, put a drop of resin, spread it over the desired area and use the UV light to cure it.
- A single layer of this resin will be enough to provide a deep glossy look. Should you wish to get a thicker coating (e.g. thicker body), you can apply additional layers, curing each one with UV light.
- You can use this resin to coat the heads, backs of nymphs, or the entire fly bodies (e.g. buzzers, nymphs like perdigones, scuds, shrimps).
- For the best curing, use quality fresh batteries and keep the light on the area where the resin is applied long enough until resin is completely dry without any tack.
- Do not keep the bottle in direct sunlight.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Keep the bottle in dry area, separate from your other fly tying materials.
- If the resin is not used for a long time, it might solidify and become thick and waxy. Simply put the bottle in hot water for a few minutes to get the consistency back to its original state.
- This resin is best if used within 2 years time.