Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing
- A premium quality dubbing blend of hare’s mask, soft underfur, guard hairs, and a small touch of fine & sparkling synthetic fibers.
- Hare’s mask and underfur give it a supple and soft consistency and making it extra easy to dub.
- The longer, guard hairs provide the spiky appearance and make this dubbing excellent choice for tying ‘buggy’ fly patterns.
- The flashy synthetic fibers give this material a bit of translucent appearance and the right amount of shimmer so it can effectively mimic the exoskeletons of the subsurface fly bodies.
- Flies tied with this material have that authentic wet, shiny look of the real insect.
- UV fibers enable your fly to be visible at greater distances thus increasing the effectiveness of your pattern.
- Medium textured dubbing for limitless applications.
- Extra easy to dub, to twist-dub, as well as to form a noodle for dubbing loops.
- Excellent choice for tying nymphs, emergers, wet flies and streamer flies.
- Natural hairs provide a more realistic look to the fly pattern.
- Comes in wide range of authentic looking colors.
See Description tab below for more info.
Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing
Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing is a variation of the Hemingway’s famous Hare Plus dubbing blend featuring all the exceptional characteristics of this material with an addition of UV fibers. It is a blend of top quality hare’s musk, soft underfur, guard hairs, a small touch of fine, sparkling synthetic fibers and a dash of UV (ultraviolet) fibers. Hare’s mask and underfur provide the base of this dubbing mix, holding the blend together, giving it a supple and soft consistency and making it extra easy to dub. The longer, guard hairs provide the spiky look and make this dubbing excellent choice for tying ‘buggy’ fly patterns. The flashy synthetic fibers were added to give this material a bit of translucent appearance and the right amount of shimmer so it can effectively mimic the exoskeletons of the subsurface fly bodies. When underwater, flies tied with this material have that authentic wet, shiny look of the real insect. UV fibers enable your fly to be visible at greater distances, as UV light penetrates deeper in the water than visible light does. This becomes very important especially in low-light situations. Simply increasing your fly visibility against dark backgrounds will increase your chances of a attracting a fish and getting a strike.
This dubbing is a perfect choice for tying nymphs, emergers, wet flies and streamer flies. Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing is extra easy to dub, to twist-dub, as well as to form a noodle for dubbing loops. It comes in extra wide range of life-like colors providing for limitless applications in your fly tying patterns.
This dubbing also comes in a practical Hemingway’s Hare Plus UV Dubbing Dispenser – a 12-compartmental box, great for traveling, as well as for everyday use as space saver and a neat dubbing organizer.
All Hemingway’s dubbing blends have been carefully selected, processed and blended to provide the finest dubbing fibers and smoothest fly tying. Check out our full selection here.
One of product reviews:
UV Hare Dubbing Plus
“Three quite different dubbings here – two blend, one pure synthetic – and all three seem like well prepared dubbings.
UV Hare Dubbing Plus blends hare with “fine sparking Antron and UV ice dubbing”. Actually, the pack says, “hare’s ear guard hairs” but this has a high proportion of under-fur in the mix and is certainly not from the ear of any type of hare I’ve handled.
The staple lengths vary, seems like the hare is shorter than the synthetics, I can see plenty guard fibre in the mix, which is being held together by under-fur. Very well blended, exceptionally easy to twist onto a thread. The fibres in this mix absorb water quickly so this is an obvious choice for nymphs and sub-surface flies, the range of colours listed on the pack fit that idea.”
Review by Magnus Angus
On the Bench, Fly Fishing & Fly Tying Magazine (UK), May 2013
|Dimensions||11.3 × 7.9 × 1.5 cm|