Another video coming from Jim Misiura – a recipe for tying a Hemingway Scud fly. Very easy to follow and makes a great-looking fly that will be one of your favorite patterns this season. Tie some today!
- Hook: Scud Hook #12 – #18 (try Hemingway’s Shrimp and Pupa H122 hooks)
- Weight: .020 lead-free wire
- Thread: gray (try Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Light Gray or Gray Olive)
- Tail: Molted Hackle (try Cock De Leon Colgaderas feathers)
- Rib: gray thread (try Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Light Gray or Gray Olive)
- Scud Back: Hemingway’s Gammarus Back
- Body: Natural Beaver (try Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing)
- Antennae: Molted Hackle (try Cock De Leon feathers)
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hemingway Scud fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!