In this video tutorial, Jim is tying a Hot Bead Magic Quill nymph pattern – a great and simple pattern, very effective. The recipe is in Jim’s usual style – easy to follow. Give it a try!
- Hook: Demmon ST330 Jig #12 – #18 (Jim used #14)
- Bead: Slotted Tungsten Bead in Pink, Jim used 3mm
- Thread: Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in White
- Tail: Barred Flan, try Mallard Barred Feathers or Coq de Leon Feathers
- Body: Magic Body Quills in Natural (Jim used L)
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing in Natural or Creamy Grey
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hot Bead Magic Quill fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!