The next great video tutorial coming from Jim Misiura is a recipe for his Synthetic Quill CDC Emerger fly pattern. A really great fly and steps are easy to follow. Give it a go today!
- Hook: Std or Curved Hopper #12 – #20, try Maruto Curved c41 Hooks
- Thread: light, thicker thread, try Gray Olive in Hemingway’s 3/0 Thread
- Tail: Dark Brown Bootlace, try Mallard Barred Feathers
- Body: Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill
- Thorax: Hemingway’s CDC Feathers in Grey
- Wing: Hemingway’s CDC Feathers in Grey
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Synthetic Quill CDC Emerger fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!