In this video tutorial, Jim shares his Hemingway’s Caddis dry fly recipe using Heminway’s Realistic Caddis Wings. The recipe is easy to follow and the resulting fly looks authentic and is super-effective. Tie some today!
- Hook: Short shank / Std Dry #10 – #16, try Maruto d04 dry fly hooks
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Dark Brown
- Abdomen: Olive dubbing – match the hatch, try Hemingway’s All Round Dubbing
- Thorax: Hemingway’s CDC Feathers in Brown
- Under Wing: Hemingway’s CDC Feathers – match the wing color
- Wing: Hemingway Realistic Caddis Wings
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hemingway’s Caddis fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!