Here is an interesting new pattern from Jim Misiura – a GSS Peacock Pheasant Tail. Great fly, simple steps – give it a try.
- Hook: 2xl Nymph #12-#18 (Hemingway’s HC114 Hooks)
- Bead: 3mm Tungsten (match hook size)
- Thread: Black/Green (Hemingway’s Thread 3/0 or Hemingway’s 6/0 in Green)
- Rib: Extra Fine Green Wire
- Tail/Abdomen: Black Green Pheasant Tail
- Wingcase/Legs: Black Green Pheasant Tail
- Thorax: GSS Peacock (try Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing in Dark Olive)
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your GSS Peacock Pheasant Tail flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!