Another great recipe coming from Corey Cabral – a Realistic Skittering Caddis. A great pattern to imitate natural behavior of this fly on the water – erratic, skittering, flapping. Designed to provide lots of movement and disturbance on the surface.
- Hook: Maruto Dry Fly Hook D31SSC in size 12
- Thread: Hemingway’s 6/0 in Olive color
- Body: Hemingway’s Tube Body Caddis in Light Orange
- Wings: Hemingway’s Caddis Wings in Medium, Tan
- Under Wing: CDC feathers in Gray
- Head: Hemingway’s Hare UV Dubbing in Tan
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Skittering Caddis flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!