Here, we bring you the next in Corey’s QEE fly tying tutorial series: his Soft Hackle fly pattern using Hemingway’s Synthetic Peacock Quill. A simple, quick-to-tie version of this fly. Try it out with these, or experiment with different colors of materials.
- Hook: Hemingway’s Dry Fly H118 hooks in size 6
- Thread: 6/0 (try Hemingway’s 6/0 )
- Body: Hemingway’s Tapered Synthetic Peacock Quills in Natural
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Hare Plus Dubbing in Brown
- Hackle: Hungarian Partridge Dyed Caddis Green
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Soft Hackle flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!