One more of Steven Craig’s video tutorials – this time it is his recipe for a Quill Body Parachute dry fly pattern. One of his key ingredients is Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quills. Try it out!
- Hook: Dry Fly Hook (try Maruto Barbless Dry Fly d04 hooks)
- Thread: Hemingway’s Thread 8/0
- Body: Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill
- Tail: Coq de Leon feathers (CDL) for tailing
- Hackle feathers
- Hemingway’s UV Dubbing in Gray Brown
- Para Post Wing
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Quill Body Parachute fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!