Here is a great video tutorial recipe by Jim Misiura for tying a Synthetic Quill Green Drake. Awesome fly pattern, Jim’s easy-follow steps – give it a try.
- Hook: Curved #10 – #14 (try Hemingway’s H118 hooks)
- Weight: .020 Lead Free Wire
- Thread: Dark Olive (try Veevus 6/0, color Olive)
- Tail: Woodduck Flank (try Mallard Barred Feathers of Coq de Leon Feathers)
- Body: Hemingway’s FX Holo Synthetic Quills
- Rib: Emu Herl
- Wingcase: Turkey Tail
- Thorax: Brown/Olive Hair Dubbing (try Hemingway’s Hare Dubbing in Brown Olive)
- Hackle: Partridge Dark
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Synthetic Quill Green Drake flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!