Synthetic Tapered Peacock HOLO Quill
- Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Holo Quill – a great, new alternative for quill-bodied flies.
- Imitates the natural peacock quill: detailed, gradient print and coloration.
- Holographic finish brings extra life to any pattern: provides the 3D effect, gives the appearance of depth and makes the fly appear realistically transparent.
- Multi-color effect also acts as an additional trigger to the fish.
- Perfect choice for tying super-effective nymph & buzzer bodies, especially great for Spanish Perdigon nymph patterns.
- Extra thin, self-adhesive vinyl strips are easy to use – peel off and wrap.
- Tapered on the end for a more natural look.
- Strips are 2.2 mm wide and 100 mm long.
- Stronger, lighter than natural peacock quill.
See Description tab below for more details.
Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Holo Quill
Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Holographic Quill is an amazing new variation of the famous Hemingway’s synthetic peacock quills, this one with the holographic finish that brings extra life to any pattern. Holo finish provides the 3D effect, gives the appearance of depth and makes the fly appear realistically transparent. The multi-color effect also acts as an additional trigger to the fish. All this makes this material a perfect choice for tying super-effective nymph & buzzer bodies, especially great for Spanish Perdigon nymph patterns.
Hemingway’s Peacock Holo Quill imitates the natural peacock quill incredibly well and is a great alternative for quill bodied flies. These extra thin, vinyl strips come on a backing sheet and are self-adhesive for practical application. They are tapered on the end so a more natural look is achieved. The strips feature extra fine, detailed and gradient print with light and dark rims, mimicking the natural coloration and detail of stripped peacock quill. The application is super easy – peel them off the backing sheet, snip out and wrap around the hook shank tightly. These strips are quite sturdy and waterproof, with a top sheen applied, but finishing with a thin layer of Clear Cure Goo Hydro would give it that extra touch.
The strips are 2.2 mm wide and 100 mm long – each can produce anywhere from one to a couple of flies, depending on the size of the fly you are tying. Using Synthetic Tapered Peacock Holo Quill is so much easier that natural quill and cuts your fly tying time. In addition, these synthetic strips are stronger than the natural material – these do not break when handled. Plus, this material is lighter than the natural peacock quill.
When tying nymph flies – these synthetic quills will easily become your favorite.
|Dimensions||17 x 5.5 x 0.3 cm|