In this video tutorial, Jim shares with us his innovative recipe for tying Hemingway’s Caddis Flymph – a great looking fly. The steps are easy to follow – in Jim’s usual style – and the resulting fly will get some good attention by the trout. Give it a try today and tie some for your fly box!
- Hook: Std Dry #10 – #16, try Hemingway’s H123 Dry Fly Hooks
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Black
- Body: olive-color fine dubbing, try Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing in Light Olive
- Wing: Hemingway Realistic Caddis Wings
- Hackle: Hemingway’s CDC Feathers in Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hemingway’s Caddis Flymph fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!