Check out Jim’s next fly tying tutorial – a Hemingway’s Quill Sulphur Parachute mayfly pattern. An awesome pattern, easy to follow steps and the result – a great looking and super-effective fly. Give it a try!
- Hook: Maruto D31SSC Std Dry #12 – #20 (Jim used #14)
- Thread: Veevus 8/0 Thread in Orange
- Wing: Snowshoe Rabbit Foot
- Tail: Cream Hackle, try our Coq de Leon Feathers in Indio
- Abdomen: Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill in Orange
- Thorax: Sulphur Orange Super Fine (you can also try Hemingway’s All Round Dubbing in Flame Orange)
- Hackle: Cream, Coq de Leon Feathers in Indio
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Quill Sulphur Parachute fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!