A great video tutorial coming from Jim Misiura, this time he is tying his Catgut Pupae nymph pattern. An awesome pattern, steps are easy to follow. Check it out and tie a couple!
- Hook: Hemingway’s H122 Scud Pupae Hooks #12 – #18 (Jim used #14)
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Black
- Body: Troutline Catgut Biothread in Brown (Jim used M size)
- Wing: Raffia Cream (from Hula Skirt 😊)
- Antennea: Mallard Barred Feathers
- Head: Hemingway’s Deer Hair Dubbing in Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Catgut Pupae fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!