This great video tutorial coming from Jim Misiura is a variation of his Hemingway’s Rubber Legs Pheasant Tail pattern, this time with the tungsten bead – a Beadhead Hemingway’s Rubber Legs Pheasant Tail nymph pattern. Great recipe, great nymph pattern. Try it out!
- Hook: Hemingway’s HC114 Std/2xl Nymph Hooks size #12 – #16
- Bead: Frosty Fly Tungsten Beads in Gold – size match to hook (Jim used 3mm)
- Weight: .015 lead-free wire
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Dark Brown
- Rib: Hemingway’s Ultra Fine Wire (0.1mm) in Black
- Body/Tail: Amherst Pheasant Tail
- Thorax: Peacock Herl or Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing
- Legs/Wing Pad: Hemingway’s Soft Mayfly Nymph Rubber Legs
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Beadhead Hemingway’s Rubber Legs Pheasant Tail fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!