Here, in this Jim’s video tutorial, we learn how to tie his Bottom Scratcher nymph pattern – a general-purpose nymph fly. East tie, great pattern. Give it a try!
- Hook: Hemingway’s H118 3xl Nymph Hook #10 – #16 (Jim used #12)
- Bead: Frosty Fly Tungsten Beads in Gold – size match to hook (Jim used 3mm)
- Thread: Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Light Yellow
- Tail: Black Marabou
- Abdomen: Hemingway’s Hare’s Dubbing
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Deer Hair Dubbing in Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Bottom Scratcher flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!