Here is a great new pattern from Jim Misiura, a Budding SOS Nymph, a super-interesting fly. Steps are easy to follow, a list of materials is below. Try it out!
- Hook: Hemingway’s H122 Shrimp & Pupa Hooks #12 – #18
- Bead: 3mm Tungsten
- Thread: Hemingway’s 3/0 Thread in Black Green
- Tail: Black Hackle
- Abdomen: Black Thread – Hemingway’s 3/0 Thread in Black Green
- Rib: Silver Wire, try Hemingway’s Ultra Fine Wire 0.1mm in Clear
- Wing: White Goose Biots
- Legs: Black Krystal Flash
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing in UV Black
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Budding SOS Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!