This time Jim shows us how to tie Giancarlo Donninelli’s CDC Dry Nymph pattern, a great looking, very effective fly.
- Hook: standard dry #12 – #18 (Maruto D31SSC)
- Thread: Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Brown
- Tail: Deer Hair
- Abdomen: Hemingway’s Deer Hair Dubbing in Red Fox
- Rib: Pearl Tinsel
- Wing: Deer Hair
- Hackle: Beige CDC, try Hemingway’s CDC Feathers
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Deer Hair Dubbing in Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your CDC Dry Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!