Spanish Black Bomb Nymph
Spanish Black Bomb Nymph is a super-heavy nymph invented by Spanish fly fishing competitors. It was a secret weapon used by Spanish fly fishermen in the European and World Championship. This fly is simple but extremely effective. The fly should be used in super-fast flowing parts of the rivers. It is a stimulator type of fly – big, aggressive, and territorial fish will attack it. Tied on a top-quality barbless Demmon hook.
Comes in two hook sizes: #12 & #14.
How to fish this fly
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)
Dave Weiant (verified owner) –
I used these as the bottom fly below an emerged pattern. caught over a dozen fish on that rig, walking down the stream holes. Most of the hits were on the bottom nymph. I just brought more to restock my box. A proven winner!