Realistic Olive Shrimp Fly
- New at Frosty!
- Realistic Olive Shrimp Fly – an authentic looking fly pattern that is super effective.
- Life-like coloring, perfect shape and proportions, slim body, long, thin front (walking) legs made from flexible rubber and characteristic shrimp eyes placed on two long eyestalks.
- The translucent, silicone-made back perfectly mimics the real shrimp exoskeleton, down to detailed segmentation and groves.
- Spiky dubbing mimics the swimming, back legs of the real animal and provides the needed movement when in water.
- Realistic eyes, life-like legs and hairy dubbing act as great triggers.
- Excellent movement when in the water – it will induce some aggressive strikes.
- Tied on high quality hooks size #6, with approx. length of fly 5.5 cm (2.2 inches).
- Made from durable material and will withstand many takes.
- 1 fly
See Description tab below for more information on this fly.
Realistic Olive Shrimp Fly
Our Realistic Olive Shrimp Fly is super realistic fly pattern: has the perfect shape and proportions, slim body, long, thin front (walking) legs made from flexible rubber and characteristic shrimp eyes placed on two long eyestalks. The translucent, silicone-made back perfectly mimics the real shrimp exoskeleton, down to detailed segmentation and groves, gives the fly an authentic look and makes it super sturdy. The coloring is authentic. Spiky dubbing mimics the swimming, back legs of the real animal and provides the needed movement when in water. Realistic eyes, life-like legs, and hairy dubbing act as great triggers. This fly has excellent movement when in the water and will induce some aggressive strikes. So start stripping, stop, let it drop and set the hook.
Realistic Olive Shrimp Fly was tied on high quality hooks size #6, with approx. length of fly 5.5 cm (2.2 inches).
Shrimps are swimming, decapod crustaceans that inhabit ocean floors or lake and river beds. They are invertebrates – they don’t have a backbone, but a hard exoskeleton. They have slender bodies with long and muscular abdomens and long antennae. They belong to the decopod species as they have five pairs of walking legs, thoracic legs (pereiopods), decopod coming from a Greek word for ten legs. Their small swimming legs, pleopods (also called swimmerets) are well developed making them better swimmers than crabs or lobsters. The antennae is very long, sometimes twice the length of the body. These antennae contain sensors which make shrimps great at detecting movement and allow them to touch, taste and smell their environment, by sampling the chemicals in their surroundings. Eyes are bulgy and located on eyestalks giving shrimps panoramic vision. Their shell is usually transparent which makes them hard to spot in the water and is a way of protection from predators. Some of the species have the ability of diving into the sea floor as a way of escaping the predators.
Shrimps are important part of the sea food chain. They live from one to seven years and their size varies from a few millimeters to over 30 cm in length. They are omnivores and feed on both plants (mostly algae) and small animals (plankton and very small fish).
|Dimensions||6 × 1.5 × 2.1 cm|
You may also like…
Realistic Flies – STONEFLY II Selection of 10 Flies – AssortedUS$30.78 Read more
Furled Leader Saltwater Medium – 9.5 ft / 20 lbUS$10.99 Add to cart
Realistic Flies – MAYFLY NYMPH Selection of 10 Flies – AssortedUS$30.78 Add to cart
Realistic Flies – Caddis Larvae / Pupa / Emerger – Set of 12 FliesUS$31.98 Select options