Purple and Pink Perdigon
Purple and Pink Perdigon is a great Perdigon nymph pattern that is super effective in fall and winter time. During warm winters and high water levels, this pattern works great for trout. Graying also loves this fly, especially on cloudy days when the water is crystal clear. Purple and Pink Perdigon nymph pattern is designed by Mihai Vasilescu, member of Romanian National Fly Fishing Team.
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with tungsten bead for extra weight, purple and pink colors to attract attention and Coq de Leon feathers for realistic looking tail. The barbless hook minimizes harm to a fish.
Purple and Pink Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Purple and Pink Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)