Natural Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie
Natural Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie is a classic French nymph used by French competitors in European and World Championships with great results. This model is simple but super effective and works great on the rivers with high fishing pressure. The fly is tied on a barbless jig hook, with hand cleaned quill, and coated with UV Resin for high durability. This Frenchie can be used as single fly for a French fly fishing technique called nymphe à vue.
Barbless jig hook minimizes snags and the tungsten bead gives it extra weight. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Natural Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie nymph comes in three hook sizes #16, #18 and #20.
How to fish Natural Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)