GRHE and Partridge Barbless Bug
GRHE (Gold Ribbed Hare’s Ear) and Partridge Barbless Bug is a simple but very effective fly for trout fishing. This is a classic nymph pattern, developed by fishermen from Poland and the Czech Republic. The fly is especially effective in the first part of the fishing season, particularly for trout. It is a great searching pattern and its bright hot spot induces an attack even when the fish are lethargic due to cold waters. Tied on a top-quality barbless hook with a tungsten bead for weight. Comes in two hook sizes: #12 & #14.
How to fish this fly
Some fishing technique recommendations
- Can be fished as a top fly or a dropper fly
- A perfect searching type of nymph
- Excellent for trout fishing
- Czech nymphing is the most adequate technique for this type of nymph
- Perfect for fishing in rocky rivers
- Also great for fishing in fast and very fast flowing rivers
- Can be used paired up with another classic nymph but also with an emerger
- Should be used from late February until mid-July
- Use bigger hook sizes on big waters, small hook sizes on small waters
- The size should be tuned depending on how clear is the water: very clear water, very small nymph, and vice-versa
There are no reviews yet.