Double Hot Spot Quill Perdigon
Double Hot Spot Perdigon nymph is an extra effective stimulator style perdigon pattern tied for trout and grayling. The silver tungsten bead gives it weight. Two orange hot spots are strategically positioned with one close to tail and one just behind the head. The vibrant hot spots increase the fly’s visibility and attract some extra attention when fishing deep and fast flowing waters. Most effective use is when fished in combination with another heavier nymph without hot spots. When the nymph without hot spots passes close to the fish, if the fish doesn’t strike, the Double Hot Spot Perdigon with its bright colors will provoke a strike.
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with tungsten bead for extra weight. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Double Hot Spot Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Double Hot Spot Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)