BQ4 Olive Devil Barbless Nymph
BQ4 Olive Devil Barbless Nymph is a great all-around nymph that should be in every fly box. It will work great for trout and grayling the whole season and on any kind of river, current, or conditions. The body and the hackle/legs are constructed with CDC feathers so the fly will ‘move’ and pulse in the water at all times, even when you keep your rod steady. The water currents will move each barb, thus creating a life-like appearance to your fly. A small orange hot spot will increase the aggressive behavior of the fish. Tied on a barbless, jig-type hook with a tungsten bead to give extra weight to the fly.
Comes in three hook sizes #12, #14, and #16.
How to fish BQ4 Olive Devil Barbless Nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)