Black Death Perdigon Nymph
Black Death Perdigon Nymph is a discrete and super-efficient fly. Black-colored, with a small orange hot spot that makes this nymph a trout terminator. Tied on a top-quality barbless Demmon hook. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish. Tungsten bead for extra weight. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers for a more realistic look.
Comes in three hook sizes #14, #16, and #18.
How to fish Black Death Perdigon Nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)