Black and Gold Perdigon
Black and Gold Perdigon is the perfect nymph for dark or muddy waters. Tied with an orange hot spot and gold tungsten bead head, this nymph pattern is extra effective for trout and grayling from the middle of the fishing season until late fall.
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with gold tungsten bead to provide extra weight. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Black and Gold Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Black and Gold Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)
There are no reviews yet.