Amadou Patch is the quickest and most natural way to dry flies on the water. Amadou has been used by fly fishermen for centuries because of its water-absorbing abilities, essential for dry fly fishing. This magical material absorbs water from a soggy, soaked fly, restoring its ability to float.
Amadou is a spongy, natural material made from a tree fungus Fomes fomentarius. It is also known as hoof fungus as it is shaped like a horse’s hoof. Amadou has amazing fly drying qualities. To use, rinse any fish slime from the fly, squeeze the soaked fly between the two patches and all the moisture will be sucked out and your fly will float again.
- Premium-quality, handmade fly-drying amadou patch
- Interior lined with Amadou which will dry your flies instantly
- Bound with veg tanned leather, a natural way to process leather
- 2″ (5cm) in diameter
- Strong black metal ring for easy and secure attachment
- Handmade in Canada by Timber & Fins