Our next Steven Craig video tutorial is for an easy-to-tie pattern for Realistic Caddis fly. The dubbing loop head makes it very buggy. Hemingway’s Caddis Wings make it look super realistic. A great producer pattern. You can vary the colors and hook size to match your local hatch. Have fun and tie on!
- Hook: Ahrex FW500 Dry Fly #12 hook
- Body: brown Antron yarn or light brown superfine dubbing, try All Round dubbing
- Underwing: brown Antron or CDC feathers
- Overwing: Hemingway’s Realistic Caddis Wings
- Head: Hare’s Ear Dubbing in Natural
- Thread: Thread 6/0 in Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your realistic caddis fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!