Another great fly recipe from Jim Misiura – a Sword Back Nymph. Jim’s usual easy-to-follow style of tying. Very interesting nymph pattern, definitely worth trying – this one is a sure killer on the stream. Thanks, Jim.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Sword Back Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: 2xl nymph hooks in sizes #12 – #18, Jim used Hemingway’s Nymph Fly Barbless Hooks HC114 in size #12
- Bead: 3mm in Gold, try our Tungsten Beads in Gold
- Thread: Brown colored, try Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Brown
- Tail: Pheasant Tail
- Body: Frosty Fly Stretch Round Rib in Orange
- Wingcase: Peacock Sword
- Thorax: hare blend in chestnut color, we recommend Hemingway’s Hare Plus Dubbing in Tan
- Legs: Brown Goose Biots
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Sword Back Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.