Looking for a new, interesting nymph recipe? Jim has brought us his Olive Quill Jig Head Nymph – easy steps to follow, well explained. A great little fly, definitely give it a try. Thanks Jim for sharing.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Olive Quill Jig Head Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: jig fly hooks, sizes #12 – #18, Jim used Hemingway’s Jig Fly Barbless Hooks HCJ110
- Bead: Olive 2.3mm
- Thread: Black colored
- Tail: Teal Flank (Barred Flank)
- Abdomen: Stripped Peacock Herl, we also recommend Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill in Natural
- Wingcase/Legs: Teal Flank
- Thorax: synthetic dubbing, we recommend Hemingway’s Frosty Dubbing in Yellow Olive color
Dubbing – Frosty – Yellow Olive
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Olive Quill Jig Head Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.