Looking for a new, interesting nymph recipe? Jim has brought us his Olive Quill Jig Head Nymph – easy steps to follow, well explained. A great little fly, definitely give it a try. Thanks, Jim for sharing.
- Hook: jig-fly hook, sizes #12 – #18, Jim used Hemingway’s Jig Fly Barbless Hooks HCJ110
- Bead: Olive 2.3mm, try our Slotted Tungsten Beads 2.5mm
- Thread: 8/0 Thread in Black
- Tail: Teal Flank (Barred Flank), try Mallard Feathers in Natural
- Abdomen: Stripped Peacock Herl, we also recommend Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill in Natural
- Wingcase/Legs: Teal Flank, try Mallard Feathers in Natural
- Thorax: synthetic dubbing, we recommend Hemingway’s Frosty Dubbing in Yellow Olive color
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Olive Quill Jig Head Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.