This time Jim is showing us how to tie his Realistic Red Quill mayfly dry pattern – a really great pattern, tied in Jim’s easy-to-follow style. Give it a try!
- Hook: Demon Competition W633 Hooks in size #16
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Rusty Brown
- Body: Frosty Fly Realistic Extended Mayfly Body in Red Brown
- Wings: Hemingway Realistic Mayfly Wings in Tan
- Hackle: Blue Dun (or try Hemingway’s CDC Feathers in Natural)
- Scissors used: Renomed FS1 Small Straight Scissors 9cm
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Realistic Red Quill fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!