In this video tutorial, Jim Misiura shows us how to tie a great nymph pattern – his Hemingway’s Gold Ribber Hare’s Ear. Awesome recipe, steps are easy to follow – try it out!
- Hook: 3xl Nymph #12 – #16 (try Hemingway’s HC114 Nymph Hooks) (Jim used size #14)
- Bead: Frosty Fly Tungsten Beads – match hook size (Jim used 3mm)
- Extra weight: lead-free wire
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Dark Brown
- Tail: Barred Feathers
- Rib: Gold Tinsel, or try Ultra Fine Wire from Hemingway’s in Champagne
- Body: Hemingway’s Hare’s Ear Dubbing
- Legs/Wingpad: Hemingway’ Mayfly Nymph Rubber Legs
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Gold Ribbed Hare’s Ear fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!