Here is a new, great fly pattern coming from Jim Misiura – his Stretch Caddis Pupa. Awesome little fly, easy steps, a little patience and you get yourself a beautiful and deadly fly. Caddis pupas can be used all year round – so fill your fly box with these beauties. Jim, thanks for sharing.
- Hook: scud type fly hooks, sizes #12 to #18, Jim used Maruto Shrimp & Caddis Pupa Fly Hooks c46 in size #16
- Thread: Veevus 8/0 Thread in Olive
- Body: Frosty Fly Stretch Round Rib in Olive
- Wing: Raffia 1Ply
- Antenna: Wood Duck Flank, try Mallard Feathers in Olive
- Thorax: black rabbit dubbing, we recommend Hemingway’s Hare Plus Dubbing in Black
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Stretch Caddis Pupa flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.