Troutline Hot Colored UV Resin Tack-Free 10ml
Troutline Hot Colored UV Resin is a fast-curing, high quality UV resin in vivid colors that cures into nice and glossy coating without any residual tack. Comes in bright, vivid colors with opaque appearance, making it a perfect resin for making hot spots. It cures within seconds when exposed to UV light. When cured, it becomes a hard, super-glossy coating. Its thicker consistency and slower penetration, make this a great resin for coating of bodies, backs and heads of different kind of nymphs, streamers or saltwater flies.
It comes in a UV protected bottle with a small brush applicator. Also included is a dropper attachment.
10ml bottle (0.34 oz)
How to Use
- As the resin is UV-light sensitive, it should be applied only indoors, or shaded from the sun.
- This resin has pigments of high quality, including a white pigment that was used to provide an opaque look. White pigments are quite dense and can sediment. For this reason we advice to shake the bottle prior to use.
- When your fly is ready to be coated, put a drop of resin, spread it over the desired area and use the UV light to cure it.
- A single layer of this resin will be enough to provide a deep glossy look. Should you wish to get a thicker coating (e.g. thicker body), you can apply additional layers, curing each one with UV light.
- You can use this resin to add hot spots, coat the heads, backs of nymphs, or the entire fly bodies.
- For the best curing, use quality fresh batteries and keep the light on the area where the resin is applied long enough until resin is completely dry without any tack.
- Do not keep the bottle in direct sunlight.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Keep the bottle in dry area, separate from your other fly tying materials.
- If the resin is not used for a long time, it might solidify and become thick and waxy. Simply put the bottle in hot water for a few minutes to get the consistency back to its original state.
- This resin is best if used within 2 years time.