Troutline Classic Thick Fly Tying UV Resin Tack-Free 12ml
Troutline Classic Thick Fly Tying UV Resin is a thicker version of Troutline Classic UV Resin that provides crystal clear, glass-like coating without any residual tack. It cures within seconds when exposed to UV light. When cured, it becomes a hard, clear coating. Its thicker consistency makes it a perfect coating for bodies, backs and heads of medium and bigger flies like buzzers, streamers and nymphs. This would be a great choice of resin when you need slower penetration of the material.
This UV resin is perfect for any flies with clear resin body, for coating the backs of nymphs, scuds, shrimps, for heads of streamers, etc.
It comes in a UV protected bottle with a dropper for super-precise application. Also includes a small brush applicator.
12ml bottle (0.4 oz)
How to Use
- As the resin is UV-light sensitive, it should be applied only indoors, or shaded from the sun.
- When your fly is ready to be coated, put a drop of resin, spread it over the desired area and use the UV light to cure it.
- A single layer of this resin will be enough to provide a deep glossy look. Should you wish to get a thicker coating (e.g. thicker body), you can apply additional layers, curing each one with UV light.
- You can use this resin to coat the heads, backs of nymphs, or the entire fly bodies (e.g. buzzers, nymphs like perdigones, scuds, shrimps).
- For the best curing, use quality fresh batteries and keep the light on the area where the resin is applied long enough until resin is completely dry without any tack.
- Do not keep the bottle in direct sunlight.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Keep the bottle in dry area, separate from your other fly tying materials.
- If the resin is not used for a long time, it might solidify and become thick and waxy. Simply put the bottle in hot water for a few minutes to get the consistency back to its original state.
- This resin is best if used within 2 years time.