One of the flies that stirred up so much attention! This Quill Body Mayfly video recipe by The Fly Fiend is a definite winner! Great looking fly, easy to follow steps. Don’t wait up, try this recipe – we are certain that it will be one of your most effective mayfly patterns. We have some of the materials to help you in the process, but you will have to do the fun part yourself.
We have to thank The Fly Fiend for sharing. Awesome job. Keep them coming!
- Hook – Fly Fiend 350D #12
- Thread – UTC 70D Brown Olive
- Tail – Coq De Leon Feathers
- Body – Hemingway’s Synthetic Peacock Quill in Olive
- Wings – Hemingway’s Mayfly Wings – XS, Dark
- Hackle – Whitings Dry Fly Hackle
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Quill Body Mayflies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!