Our next fly tying tutorial is for Corey’s Rusty Spinner pattern – an interesting, quick, easy and durable fly that imitates a rusty spinner, tied using Hemingway’s realistic fly tying materials.
- Hook: Size 12 Maruto Dry Fly D31SSC Hooks
- Thread: 6/0 Danvilles Waxed Thread – Olive
- Tail: Brown Saddle Hackle
- Body: Hemingway’s Synthetic Peacock Quill – Tan
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Hare’s Dubbing Plus UV – Rusty Brown
- Wings: Hemingway’s Realistic Mayfly Wings – Small – Tan
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Rusty Spinner flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
To see more of Corey’s great video tutorials, learn something new, try some new tying techniques – don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Subscribe and stay in the loop!
Happy tying & tight lines!