This time Epic Outdoor Adventures brings us a tutorial on how to tie a Bird’s Nest Nymph – a super-effective fly and a great searching pattern. Video tutorial is very easy to follow – give it a try!
To tie this version of Bird’s Nest Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: Hemingway’s Nymph Barbless HC114 Hooks in size #14
- Bead: Tungsten Beads in Gold, 2.5mm
- Thread: 70 denier in Olive color, we recommend Hemingway’s Thread 8/0
- Weight: 0.020” lead wire
- Tail: Mallard Barred Feathers
- Ribbing: copper wire
- Body: Hemingway’s Hare UV Plus Dubbing in Natural
- Wing case: Mallard Barred Feathers
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Hare UV Plus Dubbing in Natural
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Bird’s Nest Nymph, or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Epic Outdoor Adventures has some interesting fly tying videos, they are easy to follow and make some great-looking flies. Check them out on their YouTube channel, subscribe & stay in the loop.