Presenting another great video by Epic Outdoor Adventures – how to tie a Frenchie Nymph pattern. Simple pattern, yet so effective, a real must-have in every fly box. Easy steps, definitely give it a try!
To tie this Frenchie Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: Hemingway’s Nymph Barbless HC114 Hooks in size #14
- Bead: Tungsten Beads in Gold, 3mm
- Thread: 70 denier in Red, we recommend Hemingway’s Thread 8/0
- Weight: 0.020” lead wire
- Tail: Coq de Leon feathers
- Ribbing: Gold wire
- Body: Pheasant Tail
- Hot spot: Hemingway’s Quick Descent Dubbing in Insect Green
- A dab of Head Cement
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Frenchie Nymph, or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Epic Outdoor Adventures has some interesting fly tying videos, they are easy to follow and make some great-looking flies. Check them out on their YouTube channel, subscribe & stay in the loop.