Bringing you one of the new Tim Cammisa’s video tutorials. This time he shows us how to tie a Chuck Nymph, a pattern created by Chuck Furimsky. This is not your ordinary mayfly nymph. Chuck Nymph features some unique fly tying material – a specially-cut leather called Bugskin that provides awesome action in the water. Definitely a must-try pattern! Thanks, Tim for sharing with us.
- Hook: Allen Fly Fishing J100BL, sizes #8-#14, we also recommend Demmon ST320 Competition Hooks
- Bead: Slotted Tungsten Beads 3.5mm in Silver
- Thread: 8/0 UNI, black color, also try Veevus 8/0 Thread in Black
- Ribbing: Ultra Wire, size brassie, try Hemingway’s Ultra Fine Wire 0.1mm in Clear
- Body: Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing – dispenser or individually packed, UV Black color
- Tail & backing: Bugskin
- Legs: Partridge feather fibers (from wings), try Soldarini Selected Partridge Feathers in Natural Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Chuck Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.