Bringing you one of the new Tim Cammisa’s video tutorials. This time he shows us how to tie a Chuck Nymph, a pattern created by Chuck Furimsky. This is not your ordinary mayfly nymph. Chuck Nymph features some unique fly tying material – a specially-cut leather called Bugskin that provides awesome action in the water. Definitely a must-try pattern! Thanks Tim for sharing with us.
To tie Chuck Furimsky’s Chuck Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: Allen Fly Fishing J100BL, sizes #8-#14, we can also recommend Hemingway’s Jig Barbless Hooks HCJ110
- Bead: Silver tungsten, 3.5 mm
- Thread: 8/0 UNI, black color
- Ribbing: Ultra Wire, size brassie
- Body: Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing – dispenser or individually packed
- Tail & backing: Bugskin
- Legs: Partridge feather fibers (from wings)
Dubbing – Peacock – Blue
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Chuck Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.