Biot Body CDC Dry Fly by Tim Cammisa
One more of Tim’s great fly tying tutorials. This time he shared with us a Biot Body CDC Dry Fly pattern – his versatile version of a Blue Wing Olive (BWO) mayfly – a version that can be presented, as he mentions, as an adult as well as the emerger mayfly. A great video, very interesting fly and steps that are easy to follow.
- Hook: Allen Fly Fishing D103BL, Sizes 10-22 (we also suggest Maruto d31SSC)
- Thread: 8/0, UNI, gray color
- Tail: Coq de Leon, medium pardo
- Body: Turkey biot, olive color
- Wings: Hemingway’s Realistic Mayfly Wings
- Legs & thorax: Cul de Canard (CDC) (we can recommend Hemingway’s CDC Feathers)
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Biot Body CDC Dry Fly, or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.