Veevus Thread 16/0
- Veevus 16/0 – world’s thinnest and strongest non-GSP tying thread!
- As strong as even some 8/0 diameters out there with a breaking point at about 430g!
- Extremely fine and lightweight.
- Unwaxed, made of two strands twisted together like a rope.
- Untwists and splits easily for dubbing loops.
- Lays flat on the hook with minimal thread build-up making it perfect for tying smaller and delicate patterns.
- It can also be easily corded up to provide extra strength.
- Super easy to work with.
- Perfect choice for tying very small and delicate flies.
- Has the right amount of stretch and is wound evenly providing the perfect tension, effortless whip finishing and smoother tying.
- The spool was designed to fit snugly and turn smoothly.
- 100m per spool.
- Wide selection of colors.
Veevus Thread 16/0
Veevus 16/0 is possibly world’s thinnest and strongest non-GSP tying thread! It is definitely one of a kind in terms of its very thin diameter and its incredible strength. This thread is as strong as even some 8/0 diameters out there with a breaking point at about 430g! Veevus 16/0 is extremely fine and lightweight, but super strong thread. It is unwaxed, made of two strands twisted together like a rope. The thread untwists and splits easily – see the video demonstration below. It will lay on the hook quite flat, thus minimizing bulk which is important when tying smaller and delicate patterns. It can also be easily corded up to provide extra strength. Veevus 16/0 is super easy to work with. It is a perfect choice for tying very small and delicate flies.
How Veevus 16/0 compares to similar threads in terms of its breaking point:
- UNI 17/0: around 114g
- Danville Spider Web 16/0: around 141g
- Veevus 16/0: around 430g!
Introducing Veevus threads, coming from Denmark – top-of-the-line quality threads with a wide selection of thickness and colors. An absolute winner when it comes to strength and versatility – all Veevus threads have amazingly high breaking points – well above comparable sizes of other threads out in the market. These threads are lightweight and considerably thinner than other comparable threads, but are strong and hold the material extremely well. They split easily for dubbing loops, lay on the hook well, don’t bulk and are easy to work with. They stretch just the right amount and are wound evenly providing the perfect tension, effortless whip finishing and smoother tying. The spool was designed to fit snugly and turn smoothly. Due to their quality and versatility, Veevus threads are highly ranked in the fly tying community and one of the best kept secrets by fly tying masters.
They come with 100 meters of thread per spool and an extensive selection of colors. Choose from the standard 6/0 and 8/0, but also amazingly strong 10/0, 12/0, 14/0 and 16/0 diameters.
|Dimensions||3.3 × 2.5 × 2.5 cm|