Veevus GSP Thread
- Veevus GSP Thread – the strongest thread on the market for its size/diameter – stronger than steel for its weight!
- Ultra-strong fibers of Gel-Spun Polyethylene provide super-smooth hair spinning and extreme thread strength.
- Special design in twisting the fibers to keep the thread together, preventing it from opening up so it lays perfectly flat – makes tying a fray-free, clean and smooth process.
- Can be flattened to appear nearly invisible, keeping material tight and without unnecessary buildup.
- The smoothest thread to spin hair with and irreplaceable when tying flies that require heavier pressure.
- Perfect choice for tying spun deer or elk hair patterns, for big flies, saltwater/pike patterns, streamers, egg patterns and so much more.
- Available in Black and White and in the following sizes: 200 Denier, 150 Denier, 100 Denier and 50 Denier.
- Each spool contains 75m of thread which is 60% more than offered by the competition.
See Description tab for more info on how to use this thread.
Veevus GSP Thread
Veevus GSP Thread is by far the strongest thread on the market right now for its size/diameter! GSP thread is stronger for its weight than steel. It has been manufactured by spinning continuous ultra-strong fibers of Gel-Spun Polyethylene. These fibers provide super-smooth hair spinning and extreme thread strength. Veevus GSP Thread has been further enhanced by a slight twist in its design – a special weave has been added that keeps the thread together, thus preventing it from opening up. This enables the thread to lay perfectly flat and makes tying with it a fray-free, clean and smooth process. This twisted design gives Veevus GSP thread a definite advantage over its competition. The thread can be flattened to appear nearly invisible, keeping material tight and without unnecessary buildup, thus providing more control and greater versatility. Veevus GSP thread is known to be the smoothest thread to spin hair with and is irreplaceable when tying flies that require heavier pressure. It is the perfect choice for tying spun deer or elk hair patterns, for big flies, saltwater/pike patterns, streamers, egg patterns and so much more.
Each spool contains 75m of thread which is 60% more than offered by the competition.
Veevus GSP Thread is available in Black and White and in the following sizes: 200 Denier, 150 Denier, 100 Denier and 50 Denier.
- 50 Denier would be a great choice for smaller flies.
- 100 Denier is the most versatile size – it works great for most fresh and saltwater fly sizes and patterns.
- Use 150 and 200 Denier for large and very large bass or saltwater patterns.
Check out the videos below for more info and features of Veevus GSP Thread:
(Note: GSP thread is also known as Dyneema, Nano Thread, etc.)
About Veevus Threads
Introducing Veevus threads, coming from Denmark – top-of-the-line quality threads with a wide selection of thickness and colors. An absolute winner when it comes to strength and versatility – all Veevus threads have amazingly high breaking points – well above comparable sizes of other threads out in the market. These threads are lightweight and considerably thinner than other comparable threads, but are strong and hold the material extremely well. They split easily for dubbing loops, lay on the hook well, don’t bulk and are easy to work with. They stretch just the right amount and are spooled evenly providing the perfect tension, effortless whip finishing and smoother tying. The spool was designed to fit snugly and turn smoothly. Due to their quality and versatility, Veevus threads are highly ranked in the fly tying community and one of the best kept secrets by fly tying masters.
|Dimensions||3.3 × 2.5 × 2.5 cm|
100 Denier, 150 Denier, 200 Denier, 50 Denier